Date: Tuesday May 29, 2012 at 6PM-7:30PM
Location: Kline Branch Library
530 South 29th Street, Harrisburg PA
We’ve got a packed meeting this time that you won’t want to miss. We’ll be providing free pizza and sodas for everyone!
QR Codes with CPAUG Member Harris ToserQR Codes are everywhere these days, from the back of your cereal box to billboards. Have you ever wondered how they work? What you can do with them? CPAUG member Harris Toser will present a overview of QR Codes including how to generate them, statistics that can be tracked with QR Codes, how to build a ‘better-looking QR Code’, and more.
- Adobe Photoshop CS6 New Features Demo. Megan Fister, CPAUG Manager, will show you a few of the amazing new features in Photoshop CS6 (Time permitting).
- We’ll be giving away one free course certificate from Webucator. Webucator provides Adobe training, Photoshop training, and Flash training. Check out their huge selection of courses for Adobe CS6!
- Video2Brain has provided us with a free course certificate for their brand new “Prelude CS6 Workshop – Ingest, Manage, and Organize Your Media” training! Video expert Maxim Jago introduces the core concepts of metadata management and tagging using Adobe XMP metadata. You’ll learn how to organize, ingest, transcode, tag, comment, subclip, and build a rough cut before sending media on to Premiere Pro for editing — the complete workflow with the new Adobe Prelude CS6.
- Special Adobe CS6 branded items including tee shirts, stickers and more.
- And of course we’ll have our usual great raffle books from our ever-loyal book publishing sponsors Focal Press and Peachpit Press.
Bi-Annual Adobe CS6 Software Raffle!
We’ll also be doing our bi-annual Adobe CS6 software raffle and have other nice prizes including a Webucator free course certificate at this meeting so don’t miss it!!
Adobe CS6 Suite raffle information and rules are as follows:
One lucky CPAUG member will be randomly selected from a raffle to win their choice of one of the CS6 Suites! Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 delivers tightly integrated software and services that measurably improve productivity and enable you to produce richly expressive work in print, web, interactive, video, audio, and mobile.
Everyone who is present will get a raffle ticket but the raffle will include bonus tickets for CPAUG members and a better chance to win.
A) 1 extra ticket for every meeting you’ve attended and signed-in for since January 2012.
B) 5 extra tickets for bringing a new person to this meeting.
C) 5 extra tickets for presenting at a meeting since January 2012
The fine print: You must be a CPAUG member and you must be present to win and this must not be your first attended meeting. Approximate retail value of the prize is up to $1900.00. CS6 Master Collection is excluded. Maximum 16 total tickets per person. Winner must not have won a CS Suite in the past 12 months.
Thanks to all of our sponsors for their continued support!