General Purpose: Responsible for prototyping, designing and maintaining user experiences for world-class web and mobile products that serve the K12 market.
- Actively engage and participate in the creation, design and maintenance of Schoolwires user interfaces and interaction components for desktop, mobile, tablet and other emerging platforms.
- Actively engage and participate in the creation of wireframes, prototypes, interaction models and mockups to support Schoolwires products.
- Contribute user experience design insights by staying current in, and sharing knowledge about advancements in field.
- Maintain flexibility with regard to participating on other team projects and maintain flexibility as roles evolve and develop.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university (or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge in all key areas of User Experience Design such as Interaction Design, Information Architecture and Information Design.
- Expert knowledge of the Internet, web design, and applicable types of computer software.
- Sound understanding of mobile user experiences design techniques.
- Expert knowledge of delivering products to key operating systems and web browsers.
- Highly dependable team player.
- Sound understanding of usability principles and techniques.
- Excellent communication, time management and project management skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive approach to work and to colleagues to thrive in collaborative environment with interdisciplinary teams.
- Professional overall approach to represent Schoolwires in accordance with its mission and image.
Schoolwires, Inc. provides a suite of technology products and related services to more than 1,600 educational entities, including K-12 school districts and schools in the United States and China. The company’s technologies are designed to foster community, student, teacher and parent engagement in the classroom, locally and internationally. Its solutions include an integrated website and content management system, a safe social learning and networking system, and an enterprise technology platform. Schoolwires brings together a district’s essential technologies, information, and content to effectively engage the K-12 community in support of district and student success. The company currently serves over 1,600 districts and education entities and more than an estimated 10 million users. Schoolwires has been recognized as one of the top privately held education companies for the seventh consecutive year by Inc. magazine. Schoolwires was incorporated on April 5, 2000 and is headquartered in State College with offices in Beijing, China.