||PSECU is a high-tech progressive $4+ billion financial institution that is seeking a User Interface Designer to develop, maintain and support PSECU’s web interfaces to include look, feel and the design layout to complement the user experience recommendations and branding guidelines. Designs and creates user interfaces for all PSECU applications – web, mobile, applications, emails and any emerging marketing and communications digital channels. This position also uniquely combines aspects of design, creativity, communication and technology.
The employee is required to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Internet and the necessary skills to maintain and enhance the PSECU online presence. Using the PSECU web sites as tools, the employee recommends additional page development opportunities and utilizes the Internet for other research-oriented uses. The employee is required to constantly research new technology and standards for web interface, layout and graphic design.Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement. Must be bondable and credit worthy.
Employee Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Starting Salary: $53,286/year, commensurate with experience
Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
||DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES – Essential for this position:
• Designs and builds web pages using a variety of graphics software applications, techniques and tools.
• Designs and develops user interface features, site animation and special-effects elements.
• Contributes to the design group’s efforts to enhance the look and feel of the organization’s online offerings while maintaining brand standards.
• Assists in designing the website contribution to support the organization’s strategies and goals relative to external communications.
• Assists in developing, recommending and implementing new web sites for member and visitor information.
• Programs, researches, tests, and implements Internet authoring tools and accessories (examples include Adobe Creative Suite, Subversioning).
• Programs, researches, tests, and implements graphic design tools and accessories.
• Researches and tests all aspects of the PSECU web site on different browsers and operating systems for compatibility to include new emerging devices and platforms (i.e. tablets, phones, etc).
• Constantly reviews graphics and frontend code to ensure maximum compression and loading efficiency.
• Creates and designs web site content that positively and accurately represent PSECU, its products and services.
• Creates and designs web experiences that are visually attractive and easy to navigate.
• Maintain proficiency in Internet-based coding and keep up-to-date on industry standards regarding browser support for code and new and emerging Internet access mediums.
• Leads in creating design for online application interfaces that support the User Experience recommendations.
• Utilitizes wireframing techniques for illustrating interface concepts.
• Designs application interfaces for the digital banking products and services.
• Maintains log of work done for all tasks.
• Builds strong member relationship throughout the web site.
• Assists in supporting approved code publishing from the development environment to the staging and from staging to production environment.
• Must understand standard Project Management practices and meet deadlines and task assignments.
• Responsible for effectively managing risks within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES – Essential for all PSECU Management:
• Knowledge – Maintain required knowledge, skills and abilities in assigned area of expertise, including the laws, standards, fundamentals, methods, procedures, and techniques required for job. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of PSECU’s Collective Bargaining Unit Agreement, processes, related business processes, and the business world outside PSECU. Maintain knowledge PSECU’s goals, culture, philosophy, products and services, bylaws, policies, and internal practices.
• Workflow Management – Manage time effectively; meet deadlines; and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manage high volume of work assignments.
• Judgment – Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
• Communication – Effectively communicate with audience appropriate content and detail both verbally and in writing.
• Relationship Management – Maintain strong and effective interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Demonstrate PSECUs Operating Principles of PRIDE (Partnership, Reliability, Improvement, Dedication, and Ethics).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance as required for acceptable performance and accountabilities of this position.
• Maintain confidentiality, in particular with credit union account information, as well as other information designated as confidential.
• Responsible for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of an effective system of internal control within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
• Must meet creditworthiness standards.
• Notify Human Resources in writing if convicted of a misdemeanor or felony involving dishonesty, breach of trust or violation of the Pennsylvania Credit Union Code (17 Pa. S. C. A. 101 et seq.) during the course of employment with PSECU.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES – Non-essential:
• Manages and prioritizes tasks and assigned work.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with co-workers.
• Keeps work area organized and in good working order.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND SENSORY ABILITIES:
• Repetitive movement of hands and fingers, i.e., for typing or writing.
• Lifting and carrying containers weighing as much as 20-30 pounds, i.e., to/from building and vehicle, to a storage area
• Sitting for long periods of time, i.e., at a desk, in meetings.
• Ability to reach above, at and below the waist.
• Ability to reach above, at and below shoulder level.
• Occasional bending, kneeling, stooping and/or squatting.
• Visual acuity.
• Auditory acuity.
• This position may be advertised in the public media.
• Appointment to this position is not subject to the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Applicant may be required to complete one or more employment assessments and/or testing.
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability or disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
MINIMUM / PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Computer Science
3-5 years’ experience in digital design and user interface design
Strong project management skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office.